You Are Reading

Gone Grace

I lost my beloved aunt a couple of days back. It just sort of hit me that I have lost quite a number of closest family members in the past 6 months. I do not have aunts and grandparents anymore now. And raya will never be the same again. How does that make me feel?

Low. I shrug hopelessly at people’s question. I sat in moody silence. And it doesn’t help that I already have a sour temper. I just feel like crawling under the cover and stay in there forever. Away from misanthropists, away from ill-humored clowns, away from strange calamities. Away, away, away.

 I was very close to my aunt. She, apart from my parents, was one of the few people I always adore. She was very wise, calm and collected, non-judgmental and simply brilliant in general. She always smelled of Dior, sweet and mystical. I imagined her as a white queen who lives deep in the forest, graceful with a touch of mystery. She spoke only when necessary, with poise and wisdom and perfect English. She was nothing short of wonderful.

She left us at the age of seventy-eight, on a Sunday morning, peacefully in her sleep.

Dealing with the loss of your beloved ones is never easy. We all know that. It's like muscle cramps. Sit too long in a place and you get painful, unconscious tightening of muscles.

So, how do you muddle through the grief that is swarming you up, with a numb heart? 

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.