You Are Reading

Budget Trip

It has been the slowest weekend for 2009.

Tuesday creeping up sluggishly to yet another slow Wednesday before finally moving on to Friday. They say, 'penantian suatu penyeksaan' - oh boy, i agree! I love rainy days where it rains all day long and everything is just super relaxing, I really do; but not while at work. The energy I have in me doesn't quite gel with the weather.

They declared a 6 days official hols for the company starting end of December till next year. An opportunity fell into my lap! Rubbing my hands in glee, I did a mini checklist on where to go. With a very limited budget, roadtrip for two is a no-no considering there's gonna be only MN and I since Nadiah broke her foot. Its always cheaper to travel in groups.

We were really considering a trip to Kuching and a few other possible places to go during this time of year. But a friend pointed out that it is best to save Kuching for another occasion - a visit to the longhouse or Rainforest, say. Finally decided to do a short backpacking trip to Singapore that really suits the budget. There's a few of you who would cringe your nose and say 'singapore is boring' but that is for me to find out. Hehe. Considering that I've never been there (eventhough I'm partially a Johorian), I will look at it as an opportunity to do street-shooting, visiting friends and celebrating the arrival of 2010 in another country. Might as well catch fireworks at the Asian Civilisation Museum as the admission is gonna be free from 8pm - 1am. There are actually quite a few other free admissions to other galleries and museums during the new year.

I've booked a bunk at a really nice backpacker's hostel in Joo Chiat road at $20 per night. I shall spill the beans after the trip. Other than that, I'm just slowly, like November, taking my time to tick my so-called backpacker's list: looking around for a cheap 50L Deuter, shoes and whatever necessary. I will most likely to travel by train coz I is the train person, you see.

One thing I've learnt so far - never be afraid to ask other backpackers for tips. I met a wonderful new friend through Lonely Planet who gave me wonderful tips for backpacking to Laos. Splendid! I shall look into that once I have more time and moolah next year!

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.